LVGW offers these free programs:
- Basic Literacy (BL): teaching reading and writing to adults who speak and understand English
- English as a Second Language (ESL): teaching English listening, speaking, reading and writing to non-English speaking adults.
- U.S. Citizenship: preparing adults to pass the test and interview.
- Workforce: extra assistance for building workforce readiness and job search skills.
- Family Literacy: a variety of programs to inspire a lifelong love of reading for children and adults.
Statements for Adult Education Programs
Regarding Non-Discrimination, Accessibility and Accommodation
The following statements are provided for inclusion in local adult education program brochures, student/staff handbooks and websites. Each publication MUST include a statement that addresses each of the following:
The Literacy Volunteers of Greater Waterbury,Inc. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons and does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. Inquiries regarding the Literacy Volunteers of Greater Waterbury nondiscrimination policies should be directed to Vanessa Vowe at 203-754-1164.
General Accessibility and Accommodation
All activities offered by LVGW are held in accessible locations. Accommodations for individuals with a disability are available upon request. Please contact Vanessa Vowe at 203-754-1164.